Montipora Larvae DNA/RNA Extraction Batch 5
Larvae from Biomineralization Project
For detailed extraction protocol view post: Protocol for DNA/RNA Extractions of Montipora Coral Larvae Using Zymo-Duet Extraction Kit
Extraction Date: March 29, 2019
|Extraction #||Sample #||Date Collected||Quantity (µL)||Extracter|
- Gathered all samples and set aside in cooler filled with dry ice. Then added DNA/RNA Shield to all.
- Digested for 3 hours and 25 minutes at 55°C
- Added 15 additional microliters of Protienase K after 2 hours and 30 minutes of digestion at 55°C
- After digestion, pelleted out additional tissue in all samples. Centrifuged at 1600 rcf for 1 min.
Quantified on April 1, 2019 with Batch 5
- Followed Broad Range dsDNA and RNA Qubit protocol
- All samples were read twice
|Extraction #||Sample||DNA Standard 1 (RFU)||DNA Standard 2 (RFU)||DNA 1 (ng/µl)||DNA 2 (ng/µl)||Average DNA||RNA Standard 1 (RFU)||RNA Standard 2 (RFU)||RNA 1 (ng/µl)||RNA 2 (ng/ul)||Average RNA|
- Followed RNA TapeStation protocol
- Followed PPP Lab Agarose Gel protocol
- Used the Thermo Scientific GeneRuler 1 kb Plus DNA Ladder (link)